IT SAP Consultant (PS)
Our Client is currently looking for a SAP integration specialist to be based in their Johannesburg or Pretoria offices. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of integration project into the SAP domain using the latest technologies. The successful candidate will perform complex ABAP programming, design, testing, and debugging of work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of SAP integration modules.
- Provide applications development and enhancement functions, including analysis, design, coding, testing, and object transports using SAP’s ABAP/4 Development Workbench.
- Work with functional and operations to formalize specifications for custom integration developments.
- Design and implement custom technical solutions for the integration into and out of SAP, to provide functionality not available in SAP.
- Document and perform unit, integration, and regression testing in support of the new implementations and releases.
- Provide assistance in supporting the internal development environment, build servers and development tools.
- Keep the team leader informed of significant cross-team or cross-functional issues and/or significant technical challenges as appropriate. The specialist will proactively work to solve these issues while including the key stakeholders
- Have a solid and proven understanding of ERP systems and the SAP ecosystem, including SAP ERP 6.0 and NetWeaver 7.0.
- Have the ability to analyses and understand the underlying SAP architectures and data structures.
- Have a deep understanding of the SAP integration models and mechanisms.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field.
- A SAP Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (as a minimum, SAP Certified Development Professional – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 would get preference)
- Have between five and seven years of experience (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) specific to ABAP programing, using SAP ABAP, ABAP Objects, etc.
- At least two years of experience in SAP configuration and support systems in a SAP environment.
- It will be beneficial if the SAP integration specialist has:
- Exposure and experience in Portal NetWeaver 7, SAP System Administration and Configuration, Desktop and Theme Development and Enhancement Pack upgrades.
- Reasonable integration experience in the following SAP modules e.g. FI & CO, HCM, RE-FX, MM, PM, PS, BPS & SRM.
- Some exposure to SAP Fiory and UI5 design concepts
- Have excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills required to appropriately interact with clients and supporting teams.
- Have excellent technical writing skills to develop functional and technical specifications.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions and changing priorities.
- Be a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
- Be able to code application components to specifications using applicable technology standards